Buying a Property
Buying a property can be a stressful and extremely time consuming experience. Our team help provide clients with clear and easy to understand information to make the buying process as smooth and simple as possible.
Key events when Buying a property are:
- An offer is accepted via Estate Agents.
- All parties instruct Solicitors to act on their behalf.
- Estate Agents then send out a Memorandum of Sale to all parties confirming the agreed price and client details.
- Seller's solicitors apply for documents from the Land Registry and send to the Buyer's solicitors as part of the Contract package.
- The Buyer's solicitors check the replies to all enquires including property questionnaires and fixtures and fittings information received from the Seller.
- Buyer's solicitors submit local searches and request any additional information.
- Once the Buyer's solicitors have received a copy of the Buyer's mortgage offer and are content with the results of their searches and enquiries the Solicitor will arrange for the Buyer to then sign the Contract, Mortgage and Transfer documents. Contracts are then ready to be exchanged.
- A completion date will be negotiated and Contracts will be exchanged. Both parties are now legally bound to buy and sell the property for the agreed price on the agreed completion date.
- After completion the Transfer Deed is sent to the Land Registry, to register the property in the name of the new owners.
For a quote contact our office and speak with a member of our Conveyancing team on 0161 797 9222.