Powers of Attorney

As time goes on sometimes we are in the position where either we cannot manage our own affairs by infirmity or by mental capacity in which case if you have not made provision then to be able to deal with your affairs can be long winded, complicated and possibly expensive.

To avoid this you should consider doing something called a Lasting Power of Attorney.

This is an application to the Court of Protection and it currently is taking four months or more for the application to complete.

Therefore it is something that you should look at and consider beforehand. There are two types of Lasting Power of Attorney, property and affairs and social and welfare.

We suggest that you take advice as to which one is appropriate.

Please email Ian Gaunt directly for any enquiries that you have.